In 1985, in Seoul, South Korea, there were over 500,000 abortions and just over 650,000 actual births. This meant every time a child was conceived, it only had a 57% chance of actually being born. This is a story of a boy who survived the 43% abortion rate. On November 13, 1984, Ryan's birth mother gave birth in a clinic outside of Seoul. She abandoned him onsite, leaving no trace or record of whom she was.